The ISS / IRC Information Unit collects information and documentation from all over the world. The data stored in the LIBRARY DATA concerns the protection of children who are abandoned or at risk of abandonment ; prevention of abandonment ; children cared for in institutions ; substitute family care and fostering ; domestic and intercountry adoption ; children's rights and adoption.
It includes relevant written and audio-visual documents : periodicals, professional journals, books, leaflets, manuals, written instruments designed for practice, training material, theses, research reports, green and white documents, media articles, video cassettes….
The documents may be consulted in views as follows :
- by authors
- by countries (concerned by the document) : click "country" to access the ISS/IRC list of country codes and names
- by keywords : to access the ISS/IRC list of keywords and their definition click here
- by titles
All the information we have about the editor and the publisher of each document is included.
Unfortunately we are not able to provide copies of the documents. Please request them from the editor or the publisher.
Advice on search - You can :
- Type one keyword in the "search" box - For keywords, consult the list "index".
- Type several keywords or words separated by "and" : it focuses the search more precisely.
- Type several keywords or words separated by "or" : it extends the search.
- For a specific country, type the code of the country + "or" + the complete name of the country in English. This will extend the search.
When you click on the document you are interested in, you will access a presentation of the document in English.