Association internationale francophone des intervenants auprès des familles séparées (AIFI)
- www.aifi.info (Français)
- L'AIFI est active en Europe et au Canada. Elle regroupe des juges, des avocats et des notaires, des médiateurs, des professionnels du domaine psychosocial, des chercheurs, des intervenants du réseau communautaire(associatif), tous oeuvrant auprès des familles séparées. Ses objectifs principaux consistent à promouvoir les modes constructifs de résolution des conflits familiaux, à procurer un forum d'échanges et d'idées aux intervenants sociaux et judiciaires oeuvrant auprès des familles séparées, à développer une action concertée auprès des familles séparées et à créer un réseau international entre les divers intervenants pour favoriser le transfert de connaissances et d'expertise.
Better Care Network
- www.bettercarenetwork.org (English)
- A network of organizations and individuals concerned about children without adequate family care aimed at facilitating active information exchange, collaboration as well as advocating for technically sound policy and programmatic action on global, regional, and national levels. Its website provides numerous resources on the issue of children without parental care.
Child Rights Information Network (CRIN)
- www.crin.org (English)
- The CRIN website contains references to hundreds of publications, recent news and coming events, as well as details of organisations working worldwide for children. Themes include: child labour, HIV/AIDS, children and armed conflict, and the UN Special Session on Children. The site also includes reports submitted by NGOs to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child as prepared by National coalitions.
Childwatch International Research Network
- www.childwatch.uio.no (English)
- The Clearinghouse website provides cross-national, comparative information about the policies, programmes, benefits and services available in advanced industrialized countries addressing child, youth, and family needs; large links of interest etc.
Committee on the Rights of the Child (CRC)
- www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/crc/ (English)
- The CRC’s website includes all relevant information relating to the Convention on the Rights of the Child and the Additional Protocols, its sessions, the state parties reports, etc.
Defence for children
- www.dci-is.org (English, French, Spanish)
- Defence for Children International is dedicated to promoting and protecting children’s rights, in particular in the areas of child labour and juvenile justice. Its website provides updated information and documents relating to these issues.
Hague Conference on Private International Law
- www.hcch.net (English, français; extractos en español)
- HCCH website provides links to conventions and statutes under its responsibility, member states, State (Central) and other Authorities designated under certain Conventions, publications, news and events, etc.
Institut International des droits de l’enfant
- www.childsrights.org (English, French, Spanish)
- The institute website provides information relating to its academic activities and a documentation database with several accurate documents on children’s rights.
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- www.ifrc.org (English, Français, Español)
- IFRC website provides updated information relating to the humanitarian situation across the world as well as an overview of the activities of the National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’, Directory, etc.
International Foster Care Organisation (IFCO)
- www.ifco.info (English, Español)
- IFCO is an international network dedicated to the promotion and support of family foster care all over the world. Its website provides useful information and resources on foster care.
NGO Group for the Convention on Children’s Rights
- www.crin.org/NGOGroupforCRC/about.asp (English)
- The NGO Group for the Convention on the Rights of the Child (NGO Group) brings together a variety of organisations into a cooperative network. Its webpage presents relevant information on its activities and the work of its numerous subgroups. The webpage also provides direct access to the NGO working group on Children without parental care, co-convened by ISS.
Terre des hommes
- www.tdh.ch (English, French)
- Terre des hommes provides assistance to children across the world. Its website gives updated information on its activities, emergency situations and several issues such as children’s rights, health and protection.
UN information relating to children
- Special Rapporteur on sale of children
- SRSG for children & armed conflict
- Study on Violence Against Children
- UN Cyberschoolbus
- UN Special Session on Children?
- United Nation Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- www.unicef.org (English, français, español)
- The UNICEF website provides access to beneficial publications, regulations, updated information by country relating to children’s situation and its programs, Directory, Innocenti Research Centre, etc.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugee (UNHCR)
- www.unhcr.org (English, Français, Español)
- UNHCR website provides publications, regulations, updated information relating to the refugees situation throughout the world and its projects, facts and figures, etc.
United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- www.ohchr.org (English, français, español)
- The OHCHR website presents numerous resources and information relating to the United Nations Conventions and declarations relating to human rights issues.
Save the Children Alliance
- www.savethechildren.net (English, français, español)
- Save the Children Alliance website provides several resources and updated information relating to children’s rights.
SOS Kinderdorf International
- www.sos-childrensvillages.org (English)
- International non-governmental organisation active in the field of children’s rights in 132 countries. Its activities focus on children without parental care and children of families in difficult circumstances. Its website oresents documents and information relating to children without parental care situation.
Useful links of regional information
African Child Policy Forum
- www.africanchildforum.org (English)
- This NGO founded in 2003 works on behalf of African children. Its mission is to contribute towards the development and implementation of effective laws and policies to put African children on the public agenda.
African Commission on Human and People’s Rights
- www.achpr.org (English)
- African Commission on Human and People’s Rights website displays publications, regulations and updated information relating to the African situation of Human Rights.
African Network for the Prevention and Protection Against Child Abuse and Neglect
- www.anppcan.org (English)
- ANPPCAN is a pan African network created in 1986 that promotes child rights and child protection in Africa. It is represented in about 20 countries.
- www.africa-union.org (English, français)
- African Union website displays publications, regulations, updated information relating to the African continent, etc. A direct link to the African Committee of Experts on the Rights and Welfare of the Child can be found at www.africa-union.org/child/home.htm
- allafrica.com/children (English, articles en français)
- African news on Children rights and issues
- www.casa-alianza.org (Español)
- This NGO is active in the protection of children and youth at risk in Latin America. Its website displays updated information relating to the situation of children rights in various countries.
Inter-American Children’s Institute
- www.iin.oea.org (English, Español)
This Institute is part of the Organisation of American States specialising in children’s and family’s issues. Its website provides numerous useful documents and regulations.
Red Latinoamericana de Acogimiento Familiar (RELAF)/ Latin American Foster Care Network/ Réseau d'Accueil Familial Amerique Latine
- RELAF es un red latinoamericana de actores regionales que promueven formas de cuidados alternativos basados en familias y la prevención de la necesidad de separación de las familias de origen y las comunidades.
Asian Centre for Human Rights
- www.achrweb.org (English)
- The ACHR is dedicated to the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the Asian region. Its website provides press releases, country reports, thematic documentation, etc.
Asian Human Rights Commission
- www.ahrchk.net (English)
- This Commission aims at promoting Human Rights in Asia. Its website displays several documents relating to Human Rights issues.
Asia Pacific Human Rights Network
- www.aphrn.org (English)
- The Asia Pacific Human Rights Network (APHRN) is a network of human rights organisations and individual activists across the Asia Pacific region. Among others, it is active in trafficking issues.
Centre for Europe Children
- www.eurochild.org (English, français)
- Eurochild is an active network of organisations and individuals working in and across Europe to improve the quality of life of children and young people. Its website displays numerous texts from the Council of Europe Treaties, Policies, Reports and Statements; newsletters, publications, etc.
Council of Europe
- www.coe.int (English, français)
- The Council of Europe website provides many documents, regulations and policies relating to children issues in Europe. There is also direct access to the Council of Europe Programme for the promotion of children’s rights and the protection of children from violence.
- www.childoneurope.org (English, français)
- The European Network of National Observatories on Childhood works for the introduction of mainstreaming of children’s policies and the rights of the child in all EU policies. It carries out activities of analysis and research and of documentation and communication.
- www.europa.eu (English, français, español)
- The EU parliament website provides various documents, regulations and policies relating to children issues in Europe. For direct acces to the texts adopted by the Parliament: wwweuropa.eu.int/eur-lex/fr/search.html
European Children’s Network - EURONET
- www.europeanchildrensnetwork.org (English, français, español)
- EURONET is a coalition of networks and organisations campaigning for the interests and rights of children. Its websie displays various document on children’s rights issues.
- www.euradopt.org (English, français, español)
- Euradopt is an association of accredited bodies for intercountry adoption in Western European countries. Among others, its website shows Ethical rules relating to intercountry adoption.
European Network of Ombudsmen for Children (ENOC)
- www.ombudsnet.org (English)
- ENOC encourages the fullest possible implementation of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, supports collective lobbying for children’s rights, shares information, approaches and strategies and promotes the development of independent offices for children. Its website contains diverse resources on children’s rights.
- www.quality4children.info (English, German)
- Project driven by three organisation (FICE, IFCO and SOS Children’s Village) aimed at raising european quality standards for Children in out-of-home care.